Today’s creation is something totally out of the ordinary for me — mixed media, a tag, and masculine! Both mixed media and masculine are areas I “struggle” in, but lately I’ve been branching out and trying my hand at both.
Here’s the steps I took in creating this “One of a Kind” tag
1. I rubbed Picket Fence Distress Stain vertically and horizontally on a manila colored tag
2. Next I laid the TCW Mini Life Numbers Stencil over top and applied Peeled Paint Distress Stain
3. After the stain was dry, I used a Peeled Paint Distress Crayon around the edges and rubbed it in with my finger
4. Using my burlap Stencil (Tim Holtz), I applied ground espresso distress ink using a stencil brush
5. I added a bit of brown around the edges using the Vintage Photo Distress Crayon
6. The circle image came from the Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge Stamp set and is stamped in black soot distress ink
7. Because I wanted my tag to go along with the sentiment “You’re one of a kind” I traced around the number one (TCW Mini Life Numbers Stencil), cut it out, and glued it over the stenciled part
8. To create a “one of a kind” image, I used the Curious Possibility stamp set (Tim Holtz) and stamped the ends in Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and the middle in black soot distress ink
9. I traced around the image with the Peeled Paint Distress Crayon and blended it in with my finger
10. The sentiment (free printable below) was die cut with the Spellbinders “That’s the ticket” die set (You could also use the Sideshow Ticket dies from Memory Box)
11. I added a narrow strip of corrugated cardboard across the bottom of my tag and used dimensional tape to adhere my image
12. I added a burlap string bow to the top of the tag and some white cheesecloth underneath before adding two tiny gears
13. The back features one more image from the Curious Possibility stamp set (Tim Holtz) stamped in Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and black soot distress ink
I’d love to see how you create mixed media art or even your latest masculine creations! Stop by the CURRENT CHALLENGE and link up any projects that incorporate a few products carried by the companies in the Cropstop store! Happy Crafting!!