Welcome back to Cropstop blog for another guest design post. Today we have a fun project from the talented Vicki Roberston of He”artful” Validation of Vicki. Vicki created a beautiful piece of home decor for her grandson’s bedroom.
Here’s what Vicki says about putting this awesome piece of art together: “Vicki here…I’m delighted to be a Guest Designer for CropStop and hope my project inspires you to create. Our daughter’s family recently moved into a newly built home, so the decorating process is under way. John, alias Jack, the youngest will have a nautical themed bedroom done in navy, gray and white. I wanted to make him a personalized gift and chose to alter the letter “J” for his wall following the theme.
I started by tracing the wooden letter with the correct side down on the back of the patterned paper. After cutting out the traced letter, I adhered it to the front of the J using a paint brush and Glue N’ Seal.
After drying, I trimmed and sanded the paper edges with the Couture Creations Sanding Block, Stainless Steel Scissors and Squizzers. The Squizzers are great for detail work and small areas that are difficult to get to. Next I inked them with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink.
I die cut all of the embellishments and moved them around until I was happy with the arrangement. I was thrilled with the finished altered letter. The colors and design were perfect in Jack’s new bedroom! Thank you CropStop for having me as your Guest Designer!”
- White wooden letter “J”
- Alphabet Letters – American Craft Rockabye
- Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, Momenta
- Bazzill Basics Cardstock
- Coordinating Patterned Paper
- Die Cuts: Couture Creations – Anchor and Ship’s Wheel
- Memory Box – Puffy Clouds
- Sizzix Framelits – Elegant Label
- Spellbinders Nestabilities – Standard Small Circle, Small Pinking Circle, Large Pinking Circle
- Paint Brush with sturdy bristles for applying glue
- Ranger — Glue N’ Seal
- Sanding Block and Sponge Dauber – Couture Creations
- Scissors – Couture Creations Stainless Steel and Squizzers
- (Tim Holtz) Faded Jeans Distress Ink
Thanks for guest designing for us today Vicki — You did a marvelous job!!