Where does the time go? I can’t believe it’s already September and time for another link party! We’re heading into one my favorite seasons of the year – autumn! For today’s card I chose to showcase some bright yellow sunflowers in fall colors.
- I stamped my scattered straw distress ink on my acrylic block, added water, and painted a swatch on my watercolor paper
- I repeated step one using mustard seed and then fossilized amber
- I added some gathered twigs to my acrylic block, spritzed with water, and lightly painted a zig zag pattern over the yellow
- I inked up my Heartfelt Creations Sunflower Stamp with Ground Espresso and stamped it over my yellow swatch
- I die cut each flower using my Blossom Nestabilities II (Spellbinders)
- The next step was cutting slits in each flower to form petals
- I used my stylus to roll each petal tip for added dimension
- Since I didn’t have any dark brown seed beads, I came up with the idea to add coffee grounds to the centers of each flower — I love the look it gives them!
- I die cut a piece of white cardstock with the Beaded Ovals die from Spellbinders
- I stamped my plaid background (Impression Obsession) in Peeled Paint Distress Oxide and inked the edges with sponge daubers in Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- I stamped a sentiment from the All Things Are Possible set (Heartfelt) in Black Soot and filled in the open places with some water and a small paintbrush
- I trimmed a piece of burlap designer paper (Harvest Delight – Recollections) and distressed the edges
- I layered the burlap dp on a piece of yellow cardstock and inked all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- After adhering these two panels to my card front, I added the sentiment and arranged my sunflowers in the corner with some cheesecloth and leaves punched with the Martha Stewart frond punch
- A burlap string bow and one more tiny sunflower complete the front of this card
- Inside I added a white panel decorated with the Tim Holtz burlap stencil (in Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber) and one more (Heartfelt) sunflower
Now it’s your turn to share your creativity with us!
- Create ANY new project using products from companies CropStop carries in the store. It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!
- Please, no back-linking old projects.
- Limit five (5) entries per challenge.
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
- We’ll choose one random Winner who will receive a prize from the CropStop Store!
- We’ll also choose one entry as “Top Pick.” That entry will be eligible to be a guest designer for a future post.
Thanks so much for linking up with us, we look forward to seeing all your great entries this month. Grab our badge and help us spread the word that CropStop is a great place to play along!