It’s time for a new link party here on the Cropstop blog! Before I get to today’s project, I want to take a minute to thank each one of you who faithfully link up to this blog each month. It always so enjoyable to visit your “spot on the web” and gain inspiration and ideas from your creativity! It’s great to see some new names/faces popping up of late — we appreciate you helping to spread the word that Cropstop is a great place to shop and play along in challenges!
- Watercolor paper
- Gesso through the Tim Holtz Inspirational Stencil
- Fired Brick Distress Oxide Reinker (painted on with a small paintbrush, spritzed with water, and heat set)
- Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Reinker (painted on with a small paintbrush, spritzed with water, and heat set)
- Fired Brick Distress Oxide Inkpad — lightly rubbed over the top — no water added
- Fired Brick Distress Paint
While my background was drying, I die cut both the window and flower box from watercolor paper using Memory Box dies. I rubbed both ground espresso and walnut stain over the die cuts, spritzed them with water, and heat set them. Next I lightly applied a bit of Frayed Burlap Distress Paint before adding a burlap string bow to the top. Behind the window, I attached a piece of coffee stained paper with a small strip of lace forming the valance.
The flower box is full of die cut blooms from the Tim Holtz Tiny Tattered Florals set and the branch punch (Martha Stewart). I decorated the inside with a torn paper strip (from an old book) and added a die cut tag (Sizzix Tags Die). On the tag, I stamped a Bible Journal sentiment (American Crafts) in Fired Brick Distress Oxide .
Now it’s your turn to share your creativity with us!
Here’s how our challenges work:
- Create ANY new project using products from companies CropStop carries in the store. It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!
- Please, no back-linking old projects.
- Limit five (5) entries per challenge.
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
- We’ll choose one random Winner who will receive a prize from the CropStop Store!
- We’ll also choose one entry as “Top Pick.” That entry will be eligible to be a guest designer for a future post.
Thanks so much for linking up with us, we look forward to seeing all your great entries this month. Grab our badge and help us spread the word that CropStop is a great place to play along!