Step Two: Insert your paper and run it through your Cuttlebug
Step Three A: Add your choice of embossing powder and shake it off (I used Star Dust)
Step Three B: Rub the embossing powder off the raised design with your finger
Step Four: Heat set with your embossing gun and then Rub an ink pad over the raised embossing (I used white pigment ink)
After I inked up the front panel with white pigment ink, I ran my Paper Distresser along the edges and attached it to the front of my card using my ATG gun. Next I stamped my Postcard stamp (Hampton Art) in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a sailboat image (Set Sail – Stampin’ Up) in Blueprint Sketch DI. After distressing the edges I used my Tim Holtz Ink Applicator to blend in some ink for a vintage look. I added an old stamp to the postcard and tied a tiny nautical knot around the front using natural burlap string. The postcard is layered over a globe (from World Travels — stamped in ground espresso), and tiny gears accent both the top and bottom. The sentiment is cut with the Rat a Tat Sizzix alphabet set and stamped with a linen stamp in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Inside I used my stencil brushes and a burlap stencil (Tim Holtz) with two colors of distress ink: Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy. I stamped a sentiment from the All Things Are Possible set (Heartfelt Creations) in Chipped Sapphire and used my Prismacolor pencils to color in certain parts of it.
- Create ANY new project using products from companies CropStop carries in the store. It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!
- Please, no back-linking old projects.
- Limit five (5) entries per challenge.
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
- We’ll choose one random Winner who will receive a prize from the CropStop Store!
- We’ll also choose one entry as “Top Pick.” That entry will be eligible to be a guest designer for a future post.
Thanks so much for linking up with us, we look forward to seeing all your great entries this month. Grab our badge and help us spread the word that CropStop is a great place to play along!