Cropstop has several different Zentangle stamps in stock right now, and I just love all the detail included in them. Today I’m showcasing the beautiful Zentangle Butterfly set from Woodware Clear Stamps.
- Stamped my Zentangle Butterfly in Versamark Watermark Ink on Watercolor Paper and embossed it with midnight black embossing powder
- Diluted three shades (Fuchsia, Lemon Yellow, & Tangerine) of Ken Oliver Color Bursts with water and painted both my embossed butterfly and background for my card with small paintbrushes
- Stamped two images from the French Market Stamp Set (Tim Holtz) in Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
- Using the Tim Holtz Splatter Brush and some diluted (with water) Black Soot Distress Ink I applied a few splatters to the front of my card panel
I actually did two different versions of the butterfly…Version #1 has the lighter colors on the outside of the wings Version #2 has darker colors on the outside and a layer of clear UTEE over the top to create a glossy look. I think I like the first one better — which do you prefer?
- I inked up the sentiment from Zentangle Butterfly in three shades of Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral) and spritzed it with water before stamping it in the lower right corner.