It’s challenge time again, and here on the Eastern seaboard of the USA it’s summer time! When I think of summer, I think of: Picnics with my family, evening walks on the beach, fresh veggies from the garden, waffle cones filled with hand-dipped Hershey’s ice cream, catching fireflies, mason jar bouquets of wildflowers, and the smell of newly cut grass! Today’s card reflects the colors of summer with the blues of the ocean, the bright yellow sunshine, and greens of the trees and grass. It also includes a beautifully embossed butterfly that I can picture flitting about my flower beds full of summer blooms!
To create my card: I stamped Salty Ocean, Spiced Marmalade, and Mowed Lawn Distress ink on my desk and added water. Next, I used a small paintbrush and painted the colors across my watercolor paper. After the colors dried I laid my Flourish Stencil (Tim Holtz) over the top and applied a thick layer of Gesso and heat set it with my embossing gun. I layered my watercolor/gesso panel on white cardstock embossed with the One World Embossing Folder from Couture Creations. This was lightly inked with the same distress inks using my Tim Holtz Ink Applicator. After matting this layer on gray cardstock, I attached it to my card using my ATG gun.
Next I added a die cut (Labels 4 Spellbinders nestabilities) stamped with a sentiment from All Things Are Possible (Heartfelt Creations). The butterfly comes from the Butterflies Die and Embossing set from Cuttlebug. I added a line of tiny pearls down the center to dress it up a bit.
Inside I used stencil brushes, distress inks, and the flourish stencil to create a lovely swirl background for my sentiment (stamped in Hickory Smoke) from the Tim Holtz Watercolor Stamp and Stencil set.
Now it’s your turn to share your creativity with us!
Here’s how our challenges work:
- Create ANY new project using products from companies CropStop carries in the store. It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!
- Please, no back-linking old projects.
- Limit five (5) entries per challenge.
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
- We’ll choose one random Winner who will receive a prize from the CropStop Store!
- We’ll also choose one entry as “Top Pick.” That entry will be eligible to be a guest designer for a future post.
Thanks so much for linking up with us, we look forward to seeing all your great entries this month. Grab our badge and help us spread the word that CropStop is a great place to play along!