Today I have a handmade journal to share with you. I started out to create a gratitude journal, but decided to make it do double duty by adding currently journal pages to it as well. I sent this fun little canvas book to my niece along with a set of colored pens.
- Cut a piece of canvas fabric to the size I wanted
- Spread some white Gesso over parts of the front
- Laid my Garden Gate (TCW stencil) over the top and applied the following inks:
- Stamped several images in Graphite Black Brilliance Pigment Ink (Tsukineko)
- I used Tim Holtz Distress Crayons to color in my stamped doll
- Along one side I added a strip of green lace (Petaloo) and a pretty Petaloo flower
- After punching holes in my pages, I tied it all together with natural colored burlap string
As you can see in the photo above, initially I filled the book with blank pages to decorate. I soon decided to create a Currently/Gratitude Journal Template for the inside pages and I’m offering them here as a free printable. Click Here — Journal Pages
Here’s how our challenges work:
- Create ANY new project using products from companies CropStop carries in the store. It’s ok if you didn’t buy it from us, and also fine if it’s a product we don’t currently have it in stock as long as it’s from one of the companies we carry!
- Please, no back-linking old projects.
- Limit five (5) entries per challenge.
- Link your project here, link back to this post, and mention the CropStop Challenge in your post.
- We’ll choose one random Winner who will receive a prize from the CropStop Store!
- We’ll also choose one entry as “Top Pick.” That entry will be eligible to be a guest designer for a future post.
Thanks so much for linking up with us, we look forward to seeing all your great entries this month. Grab our badge and help us spread the word that CropStop is a great place to play along!