Today I have something a little different to share with you…. a tutorial for creating a mini album! This method is fairly versatile in that you can make it any size you like, with as many pages as you need, and create anything from a smash book to a mini scrapbook album. Since I was in need of a new “birthday book” I made each two page layout into a monthly calendar to keep track of special days. Here’s how I created mine:
- I cut 26 pieces of designer paper into 6 x 6 inch squares (I used the paper stack Mosaic Memories from Recollections)
- I cut my calendar pages into 4 x 4 inch squares
- Using my ATG gun, I adhered the front of one sheet to the back of another to form pages
- I cut 2 x 6 inch pieces of designer paper in coordinating designs
- I folded each 2 x 6 piece in half and adhered it to first the left page and then the right to form a double page spread
- I added my calendar pages to each double page layout
- I cut two 7 x 6 1/2 inch pieces of stiff cardboard
- I covered the cardboard with some rough linen
- I added a piece of 6 3/4 x 6 1/4 inch kraft cardstock to the inside of the cover
- I decorated the front using burlap trim from Petaloo, a grey burlap flower from Canvas Corp with teastained green flower center, and some natural colored burlap string
- On each inside page I added a tag cut from the scallop tags #2 Sizzix die and stamped with a Scripture from Biblical Impressions in Ground Espresso Distress Ink. To the tag I added a tiny punched flower with a pearl center.
- Each facing page is decorated with a kraft strip punched from the Blossom Trim Martha Stewart punch.
(If you’d like to create your own “Birthday Book” simply click this link for a zip file of the monthly pages I used above — Birthday Book)